Easter Red Egg Dye
- Earth-friendly imported red egg dye from Greece
- Each packet can color 30 eggs
- Each packet contains 1.5g of egg dye
- Colors in both hot and cold water
- Coloring instructions in both English and Greece are written on the back of each packet as well as below:
Instructions: How to dye your red Easter eggs
To prepare the red Greek Easter eggs, start by boiling the eggs. Add enough water to cover the eggs by 1 inch.
Season the water with a good pinch of salt and bring to boil. Boil for 8 minutes.
Remove the pot from the stove and place the eggs under cold running water for about 1 minute.
Crack one egg to check if you are happy with the result.
After the eggs cool down, start preparing the dye for your Greek Easter eggs. Place the warm water and the dye powder in a large glass bowl and stir, until dissolved.
Add the vinegar and stir to combine.
Place carefully the eggs in the bowl and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
Remove with a spoon on a rack over some kitchen paper and let them dry for about one hour.
To get a shine on your dyed red eggs, wipe them with a paper towel and a pinch of olive oil.
Kali Anastasi! Happy Easter!